The woman was created by God so that the man was not alone, so that he had company, that this one was his companion. “And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him. “GENESIS 2:18.
- “He that findeth a wife findeth good, and obtaineth the goodness of the Lord” PROVERBS 18:22.
- “The virtuous woman is the crown of her husband; But the wicked as a worm in their bones. “Proverbs 12: 4.
“If a woman has a husband who is not a believer, and he consents to live with her, do not abandon him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified in the woman, and the woman unbelieving in her husband; For otherwise your children would be unclean, whereas now they are holy. “1 CORINTHIANS 7: 13-14.
God established that the woman should subject herself to the man and that, in silence and with her behavior, her husband would be won for him. A subjection product, not of fear but of respect; And a silence, not of permanent dumbness, but to learn to be silent in those moments when talking could bring conflict. “He that saveth his words hath wisdom; Prudent spirit is a man of understanding. Even a fool, when he is silent, is counted wise; He who closes his lips is understood. “Proverbs 17: 27-28.
- “Likewise, you women, be subject to your husbands; So that also those who do not believe the word, be won without word by the conduct of their wives, considering your chaste and respectful conduct. “1 PETER 3: 1-2.
The word: likewise, with which this biblical verse begins, is directly related to the preceding verses, in 1 PETER 2: 13-23, where Peter begins by saying: “For the sake of the Lord submit to every human institution …” For this is the will of the Lord … “,” Servants, be subject to your masters; Not only to the good and affable, but also to the hard to bear. “,” For this you were called; Because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, so that you may follow his footsteps … “” Who, when he was cursed, did not respond with a curse when he suffered, did not threaten, but entrusted the cause to him who judges righteously. ” 2:23.
“Take my yoke upon you, and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart; And ye shall find rest unto your souls. “MATTHEW 11:29.
- Married women are subject to their own husbands, as to the Lord; Because the husband is head of the woman, just as Christ is head of the Church, which is his body, and he is his Savior. Thus, since the Church is subject to Christ, so also the married are to their husbands in everything. EPHESIANS 5: 22-24.
God established an order for the family so that it could function properly. “Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of the woman, and God is the head of Christ.” 1CORINTHIANS 11: 3 – That Christ should be the center of every home and Occupy the first place in the heart of each member of the family; The male must be subject to Christ and the woman subject to her husband and the children subject to their parents. Why are there so many dysfunctional homes and so many families in crisis? … – Christ is not the center of the home and therefore the order for the family has been misrepresented; Each one walks according to his own opinion and prudence, not taking into account the divine ordinance established for blessing. “The blessing of the LORD is that which enriches, and does not add sorrow to it.” PROVERBS 10:22.
And what if man is unconverted, will the woman have to cling to her husband anyway? As long as he does not demand from his wife anything that goes against the Law of God, the woman must submit to her husband. “And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as unto the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance, because you serve the Lord Christ. “COLOSSIANS 3: 23-24.
There is blessing in subjection, both for the woman herself and for her husband and children. God honors those who obey Him, and what greater reward than that which assumes the stability of our home, both spiritual and emotional? We do it for the Lord and from Him we will receive the reward. “And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God through Him.” COLOSENSES. 3:17.
Does this mean that the woman has to be subjugated to her husband, losing her own freedom and identity, and refrain from opining and decide for herself in any matter? No way, but quite the contrary is what this supposes. The woman is special to God who created her with her own virtues and characteristics of her nature and so it is so that when God created the first woman, she used a rib of the male, so that man always has it in high esteem. “So also husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. “Ephesians 5:28.
The woman who fears God and respects herself remains in that position of dignity and height in which the same Creator placed it. In carrying out this commandment it is voluntarily pleasing to God and elevating to the place of privilege for which it was created. To hold the woman to her husband supposes the true freedom because she is obeying the divine mandate. “Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” JOHN 8:32. And this does not mean that women refrain from participating in everything that concerns their home, of course not, but that their interventions in every situation are carried out with wisdom, not wisdom produced by planned cunning, but that Which begins in the fear of God, directed by the Holy Spirit who is to: “Ennobish the passions, enlighten the intellect and strengthen the will” among other things. [Principle I heard and learned from a servant of God endowed in the Word when he spoke on the subject: Body, Soul and Spirit].
Many women are opposed to subjection to personal experiences, but experiences, whether personal or otherwise, do not mark or establish nor are they the basis for a home to function properly. Only the commandment of God carried out in obedience guarantees the spiritual and emotional stability of the home, the most important institution for God.
After all, and coming to a conclusion, not only must women be subjected to the head of the home, which is the man, but every human being wherever they move are subject To an authority. The society is composed of institutions of different natures and all are organized and governed by laws and regulations, which designate leaders who must be obeyed for their proper functioning. It says in ROMANS 13: 1-2 – “Let every person submit himself to higher authorities; Because there is no authority but from God, and those that are, by God have been established. So that whoever opposes authority, to what is established by God resists; And those who resist bear condemnation for themselves ”
And if in society there is subjection to the authorities and it is considered reasonable and necessary, bringing rewards to those who adhere to it, how much more should we subject ourselves to God who is the highest Authority, and who is to reward all who Obey him, not only with peace on this earth but with eternal life? Why is there resistance to the divine order?
There is a virtue that God wants to emphasize in us and that is vital and fundamental, not only to live on this earth but to ensure eternal life, and this is humility. “… And all, submissive to one another, clothed in humility; Because: God resists the proud, and gives grace to the humble. “1 PETER 5: 5.
“Let there be in you this feeling that there was also in Christ Jesus, who being in the form of God, did not esteem to be equal to God as a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, becoming obedient unto death And death of the cross.
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and hath given him a name which is above every name, that in the name of Jesus every knee should be bowed down from them that are in heaven, and on earth, and under Earth; And every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. “PHILIPPIANS 2: 5-11.
I repeat a verse quoted above in the exposition of this theme: “Take my yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart; And ye shall find rest unto your souls. “MATTHEW 11:29. Let us all learn from JESUS; In Him is life.
- “The wise woman builds her house; But the foolish with his hands knocks it down. “Proverbs 14: 1.
- “A gentle tongue is a tree of life; But the wickedness of it is a breach of spirit. “Proverbs 15: 4.
- “The heart of the wise makes his mouth prudent, and adds grace to his lips.” “Honeycomb are soft sayings; Softness to the soul and medicine to the bones “PROVERBS 16: 23-24.
- “A virtuous woman, who can find her? Because their esteem far exceeds that of precious stones. The heart of her husband is trusting in her, and she will not lack of profit. He gives her good and not evil all the days of his life. “V. 31: 10-12.
- “Strength and honor are his garment; And he laughs for the outcoming. He opens his mouth with wisdom, and the law of mercy is on his tongue. “V. 26.
- “Her children rise up and call her blessed; And her husband also praises her: Many women have done good; But you surpass them all. Grace is deceitful and beauty is vain; The woman who fears the LORD will be praised. “V. 28-30.
If God says that it is the wise woman who builds her house, and not the man, it is because He has already endowed the woman with the essential and necessary virtues so that she, being the proper help of man, can with his wisdom do That peace and order reign in his house. It is not by chance then, that in most cases, it is the woman who is the first who is willing to surrender her life to the Lord, becoming the instrument of God for his house to be restored and built. That is, JESUS makes its triumphal entrance to most of the homes of the woman’s hand. As soon as He enters the darkness they have to dissipate, for He is the light. John 1: 5 “For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, is that which hath shined in our hearts for the light of the knowledge of glory. Of God in the face of Jesus Christ. “2 CORINTHIANS 4: 6.
Patience is necessary to reach the promises of our God who is Faithful and True. God said to Abraham, “I will surely bless you with abundance and multiply you greatly.” And having patiently waited, he fulfilled the promise. HEBREWS 6: 14-15.
- “Do not, therefore, lose your confidence, which has a great reward; For you have need of patience, that, having done the will of God, you may obtain the promise. “HEBREWS 10:35.
It is not an easy task for women; We must pay a price, but this, however high it is, is no more than that which Jesus Christ paid for us. Even if there is battle, in the midst of the test we confess that we are “more than conquerors through Him who loved us.” If the goal is the salvation of our people and the victory for our home is worth the attempt. After all, we are not alone, God sent the Comforter to help us gain the victory, the Holy Spirit who is to help us in our weakness.
- “Our struggle is not against blood and flesh, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly regions. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. “EPHESIANS 6: 11-13
- “And if any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, which give to all men abundantly, and without reproach, and it shall be given him.” SANTIAGO 1: 5
- “Wisdom first of all, acquire wisdom; And over all your possessions acquires intelligence. Enlarge it and it will make you great; She will honor you, when you have hugged her. An ornament of grace will give your head; Crown of beauty will give you. “PROVERBS 4: 7-9
Let us always keep in mind and heart that “the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.”
- “If you cry out to the intelligence, and to wisdom you give your voice; If thou seek it as silver, and search it as a treasure, then thou shalt understand the fear of the LORD, and thou shalt find the knowledge of God. For the Lord giveth wisdom, and out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. “Proverbs 2: 3-6.
PREPARED BY: ROBERTO ROSALES
CHURCH PENTECOSTES JUAN14: 6
DECEMBER 31 OF 2,000.